How to apply Virtual Reality to work on Blood Phobia
Blood phobia is prevalent in 2-3% of the population. It can have serious consequences for the quality of life of people who suffer from it.
What you will learn in our guide to VR for mental health professionals:
- What techniques were incorporated into the treatment
- Previous Psychoeducation before beginning the intervention with virtual reality
- Gradual exposure to the virtual reality hierarchy
- The advantages of using VR environments
- The improvement of the patient in real situations
- Short demo of the Amelia environments used
In this clinical case, the patient managed to perform a blood test (accompanied) without experiencing symptoms of anxiety or unpleasant sensations such as numbness in the arm, low blood pressure, or dizziness. And she learned to manage the situations that cause her stress and anxiety.
Would you like to use Amelia in your practice?Talk to a VR Specialist